As the Real Estate Head of Risk, MIM Risk you will support the Chief Risk Officer of MIM to develop and implement a strong risk management and control framework alongside our business partners in MIM. The AVP will play a critical role to promote, support and advise MIM in identifying, monitoring and managing key risks associated with its Real Estate asset management business to enable achievement of strategy and objectives.
- Determine priorities and workflows for support and coverage of real estate portfolios. Train and manage junior staff as assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of MetLife’s enterprise operational risk management framework and key practices within MIM and its support functions as related to MIM’s Real Estate business.
- Participate in regular meetings with MIM’s Real Estate team to understand investment views and strategies and express any issues or concerns. Set agenda for formal risk review meetings with senior Real Estate team, including appropriate market themes and issues.
- Assist with responses to RFPs for the asset class as needed and serve as the representative for MIM Risk in meetings with current and potential clients.
- Perform scenario analysis to understand portfolio impacts resulting from topical themes or concerns.
- Provide oversight into underwriting assumptions, mortgage ratings, asset valuations and pricing.
- Develop and generate portfolio analytics and risk reports to enable the assessment of portfolio risks from a variety of perspectives; review reports and other data to understand sources of risks, prospective performance, deviations from client’s intended risk/return profile and prudent risk management practices.
- Oversee the risk profile of global client portfolios invested in commercial mortgage loans, agricultural mortgage loans and real estate equities.
- Ensure that the CRO of MIM, the Head of Real Estate, the President of MIM and other members of the Global Risk Management team are well informed of the risks taken on behalf of clients.
- Oversee adherence to MetLife and MIM standards as well as asset management industry best practices.
- Ability to coordinate, lead and influence across organizational, geographic, and functional boundaries working closely with senior leadership of MIM and GRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional designation or degree in the area of real estate or risk management.
- Deep understanding of real estate strategies, products and supporting processes.
- Strong competency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other quantitative and story-telling platforms used for executive presentations.
- Strong analytical skills, critical-thinking and business judgment.
- A track record of setting and achieving aggressive goals and continuously driving improved performance.
- Proven ability to inspire commitment and high performance from teams to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as a change management leader.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of experience working in a highly matrixed business environment (including risk management or real estate asset management); of which 5+ years in an asset management firm.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whippany, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A