We are seeking an experienced paralegal to join our Legal Services Team to support MetLife’s Legal Affairs department. This paralegal position will support attorneys and professionals across the Law Department, including our Fixed Income & Alternatives Investments Practice Groups. This self-motivated senior paralegal will provide assistance for a wide range of activities. The successful candidate will possess excellent legal research and legal systems proficiencies with strong attention to detail, highly adaptable, display legal acumen and good judgment.
- Prepare private equity subscription agreements, assist with most favored nation reviews and tend to general corporate housekeeping matters.
- Coordinate and manage secondary private placement program, including preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary legal documents, oversight over funding and settlement process and management of transaction calendar.
- Assist with file and database maintenance of files and project tracking.
- Prepare assignments, mortgage releases, repurchase demands and related documents for our Residential Whole Loan Program.
- Analyze and summarize debt and equity transaction documents, including amendments and waivers, for attorney’s review.
- Prepare and deliver responses to Anti-Money Laundering and Know your Customer requests.
- Review and revise non-disclosure agreements and assist with negotiations.
- Respond to requests from business clients, external examiners, government agencies and regulatory authorities.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to independently perform various aspects of research and analysis.
- Highly motivated and adaptable.
- Unquestionable ethical and professional judgment as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information.
- Ability to work effectively with others, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5-10 years of paralegal experience.
- Paralegal certificate and or college degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Workshare Compare, SharePoint, Westlaw and Nexis. Experience in eDocs, GEMS, Boardvantage is a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whippany, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A