The Market Risk Analyst will report to the VP, ALM & Liquidity Risk and support market risk governance, risk analysis and reporting. This position will be instrumental in advancing the data and analytics needed for understanding and managing market and liquidity risk at MetLife and will offer the candidate the opportunity to develop insight into asset liability management across global MetLife businesses.
- Analyze and review metrics for ALM/Investment Guidelines and regulatory filings
- Communicate analysis and results to key stakeholders
- Develop strong work relationships with Actuarial, Investment, Finance and IT partners
- Prepare and analyze enterprise and regional Market Risk Reports for various ALM Committees
- Review and/or support development of ALM strategies
- Support the development of ALM Committee and Working Group materials and all aspects of meeting management, including managing the ALM governance SharePoint site
- Monitor risk positions, limits and guidelines associated with investment portfolios, capital markets products, and derivatives
- Provide ad hoc modeling and analytic support as required
- Understanding of fixed income securities, derivatives, insurance liabilities and risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, engineering or related technical field or advanced degree in any of these fields required.
- Strong project management, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic, programming and database skills
- 2+ years of market risk, ALM, derivatives or related experience
- Driven to seize the opportunity to learn and to enable solutions. Ability to multi-task
Qualification & Experience:
- Completed actuarial exams, CFA or MBA a plus
- Experience with Numerix, Bloomberg, or BlackRock a plus
- Advanced degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bridgewater, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A