In Underwriting Analytics, we strive to attract, develop and retain diverse talent with the potential to be future leaders of our department and of MetLife as a whole. We seek Data Analytics and Business Intelligence professionals who demonstrate high intellectual capacity to understand complex matters facing our company, combined with strong leadership competencies to motivate and inspire higher performance by all our professionals. We take an active role in developing the skills of our talent and guiding their professional growth. By promoting skill development and career advancement for our professionals we are better positioned to serve our internal business partners and to help achieve MetLife’s vision of becoming a world-class leader in the insurance, retirement savings and employee benefits industries. The Data Analytics Consultant will be responsible for ongoing analysis of client, policy, exposure, and loss information, obtained from a variety of different sources. It involves development and preparation of information and reports for management, associates, and other custom-built applications.
Be subject matter expert in industry-related data Pull and compile data from multiple, non-standardized sources Recognize data issues and work with providers of data to resolve problems Generate standard and ad hoc reports on a regular basis Develop and support new analytical tools and reports Provide consulting, training, and technical support as need for data intensive projects Deliver projects accurately and on time Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, charts, diagrams, and other illustrative tools used in presentations Examine and interpret a wide variety of data/information to make recommendations or decisions.
- Ability to examine and interpret a wide variety of data/information to make recommendations or decisions.
- Strong mathematical and statistical aptitude (rates, percentages, statistical analysis)
- Prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines while handling several projects
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years of analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or related field; or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet applications (array formulas, if-then statements, vlookup, and pivot tables)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A