The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze FML, State FML and Company leave policies and set up the back end systems to appropriately intake and administer a customer’s absence claims. The Technology Liaison II will work with Implementation and Service teams to understand at a very detailed level the provisions of the leave policies, set-up and test the back-end systems. The Technology Liaison II will also analyze change requests to understand how the back-end systems need to be updated in order to accommodate customers’ changes as well as regulation changes. This position relies heavily on analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a detailed knowledge of FMLA regulations, to drive the successful implementation of our Absence Management customers. Also, acts as a liaison between the business and IT personnel to support the unit’s technology needs; as well as strategic initiatives.
- Attend meetings for large projects underway that impact Absence/Catalyst
- Identify, solution and implement process and system improvements through continuous business and procedural analysis
- Responsible for the back-end system set-up for implementing new TAM/Catalyst cases, working closely with National Account and Regional Market Implementation teams, as well as the customer, to assess and implement leave of absence policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required, which may include providing leadership with additional data/metrics and attending customer facing meetings independently
- Subject matter expert with internal and external customers on FML, State FML and leave policies, as well as eligibility requirements.
- Conduct secondary level eligibility file testing for new/changed files.
- Conduct analysis for Regulation work
- Attend conference calls related to Absence set-up issues/topics and provide consultation relative to resolution and next steps.
- Partner with account teams, Disability Operational Process Leads, and Customer Delivery for changes to existing TAM/Catalyst customers. Analyze impact of change to current set-up, develop solution and implement.
- Support internal/external projects for the building of business requirements, design input and UAT.
- Ability to effectively promote/represent the department, and build relationships within the MetLife Enterprise
- Knowledge of system design processes, methodologies, and testing tools used specifically during user acceptance testing
- Effective presentation skills
- Organizational skills, ability to deliver effective solutions efficiently
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with strict attention to detail while considering alternatives and their impact
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
- Effective oral and written communication skills: technical and non-technical
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to work with customers of all levels of case complexity
- 3+ years of related work experience with Disability products.
- 2+ years as a Technology Liaison I for Absence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bridgewater, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A