Website LEGOLAND Florida Resort
With the supervision of the Displays Curator and wider SEA LIFE Education leadership within Merlin, develops and implements educational content to be delivered in the aquarium, upholding the SEA LIFE vision of providing memorable experiences and delivering fun learning to all ages that will increase knowledge and inspire appreciation of the ocean and its creatures, and encourage action to help protect them for future generations.
- Work experience and student internships
- Tours, experiences, and events
- Interpretive signage and educational interactive development
- Internal and external communication tools including digital and social media
- Displays and key creatures
- School and group visits
- Must have a passion for biodiversity and marine sustainability.
- Have excellent communication skills, high levels of energy and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Delivers Education programs consisting of the following key elements:
- Performing and evaluating guest presentations and workshops
- Animal handling experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable talking to groups of people and able to become media trained.
- Prior experience in the education field preferred.
- Prefer prior experience in a zoo, aquarium, or informal learning settings.
- High School diploma required. Four-year degree in Science or Education is preferred. Informal education training is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an education position.
- Must have flexible availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires self-efficiency and organization.
- Requires excellent skills in guest service.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative.
Company: LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A