Website LEGOLAND Florida Resort
This is an entry level position for an individual interested in starting their career in Health & Safety. This individual will gain a broad knowledge across all three departments in Health, Safety and Security. Under the direction of the Head of Safety & Health services, coordinates and participates in administering a comprehensive return to work program, investigating and communicating with guests for general liability claims and conducting/assisting with HSS investigations. This position will be responsible for delivering and contributing to safety engagement programs to the Resort. This position will also be heavily involved in assisting with contact tracing and COVID safety programs.
- Communicates with onsite medical staff about active and potential workers compensation cases.
- Oversees administration of the Resort’s workers’ compensation claims, including claims management, monitoring of monthly claim statistics, monthly HR meetings, quarterly claim review and attending interactive meetings with injured MCs.
- Works with departmental managers to determine if a work-related injury could have been preventable by reviewing departmental risk assessments, SOPs and safety measures in place at the time of the incident.
- Collect witness narratives, pictures, CCTV and relevant documentation for work-related incidents to be uploaded to the final report.
- Audits Midas reports to determine whether a work-related injury is considered Business related based on Merlin HSS reporting standards.
- Identifies, researches, analyzes and evaluates potential risk or loss exposure for current and potential future work activities and operations.
- Updates the Health &Safety Manager, Claims & Risk Manager of North America, and Liberty Mutual adjusters on active workers compensation cases.
- Coordinates interaction with Safety to implement loss prevention and loss control activities before and after workers’ compensation claims.
- Investigates all active and potential workers compensation claims.
- Input initial injury reports into Midas for all workers compensation injuries and injuries requiring light duty recommendations.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional mature manner at all times.
- Proven written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate information to a range of people so as to influence others.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Must be self-motivated and work well without constant supervision.
- Experience working with excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft suite required.
- Must be assertive and be able to build strong working relationships.
- Able to handle multiple projects and quick to adapt and take on new initiatives.
Company: LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A