Website Central Intelligence Agency
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) provides legal advice and policy counsel to the Director of the CIA (DCIA) and other CIA officers on a variety of legal issues, to include intelligence and national security law; procurement and acquisition law; employment and personnel law; government ethics; fiscal law; general administrative law; privacy and civil liberties, and legislative affairs.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on sensitive matters.
- Providing legal advice and policy counsel to CIA leadership on complex areas of law affecting the CIA’s duties and responsibilities under authorities including the National Security Act, the CIA Act, and Executive Orders.
- Engage with other Intelligence Community elements, federal agencies, and congressional committees.
- Provide training on a variety of laws and policies affecting CIA personnel, including but not limited to collection of intelligence, employment and anti-discrimination laws, and government ethics.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ability to exercise sound judgment in challenging situations.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member in a demanding environment.
- Active membership of the bar (any US jurisdiction). For Honors attorneys, applicants must pass the bar within 14 months of on-boarding.
- Willingness to consider diverse perspectives and ability to navigate changing circumstances.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and competing priorities concurrently.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Legal analysis, reasoning and writing, including the ability to effectively integrate and synthesize facts and law to make legally sound decisions, including in compressed timeframes.
- For Honors Attorneys with no prior work experience prior to law school, a law school GPA of at least 3.5 for schools on a 4.0 scale.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships inside and outside the CIA.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A