Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements and modifications.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A