Applied Analytics is a strategic team that provides advanced analytics, disciplined experiments, and technical support to key stakeholders within the West Division for Comcast Cable. We are part of the HQ Enterprise Business Intelligence group but reside in the Colorado division office to connect the dots between strategic initiatives and operational needs. As internal consultants, we support the strategic and operational decisions that drive the division’s growth, optimize its operations, and improve its customers’ experiences. Our team is looking for a Director of Analytics who can leverage Comcast’s abundant data assets to become a trusted partner for our division leaders and solve their most complex problems. This role must influence resources across departments in a highly matrixed environment, but has no direct reports. The role is highly visible and provides exposure to a broad range of Comcast’s product and functional areas.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the analyst community across divisions and HQ to bring additional context to analytical questions and connect the dots to related insights.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analyses that drive meaningful change on key objectives established by division leadership.
- Translate complex technical solutions and analytical insights into relevant terms that drive understanding with different functional areas and leadership levels.
- Develop deep working relationships with business stakeholders to become a trusted partner for their data and analytical needs, supporting all functions across the residential and business segments within the division.
- Leverage analytical background to determine when advanced quantitative research tools and models should be used to address stakeholder problems.
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to division leaders and decision makers.
- Demonstrate ‘big picture’ understanding of Comcast’s business drivers.
- Develop analytic plans and testable hypotheses for key business questions raised by partners to ensure that all important questions are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately.
- Synthesize actionable insights by joining together large data sets from across the company and applying appropriate analytical techniques.
- Lead rigorous and complex analytical projects end to end from business question through final presentation to stakeholders.
- Deeply understand the business challenges faced by Comcast leadership, and their context
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills; ability to “tell the story”
- Explore the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, building things, breaking things, and tireless attempt to identify business solutions
- Generate insights from large data sets that are actionable and add value to the business
- Proficiency SQL, and in R and/or Python preferred.
- As needed, learn and deploy advanced analytical techniques or data science approaches, including natural language processing, neural networks, random forests, clustering algorithms, graph theory
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality analysis
- Incorporate business acumen into analytical work: make the right assumptions, control for the right variables, and interpret results from the perspective of the business stakeholder
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates and business stakeholders
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred: MBA, or MA/MS degree in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum: BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in analytic role, including time spent pursuing advanced degree.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centennial, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A