As a Business Developer, you will be an informal leader of a 3-member micro-team. With a Production Engineer, who takes cares of the production process and quality, and a Supply Planner who handles logistics. Based on the analysis, you will draw up an action plan once a year to reduce production costs and to develop better design for the customers, all within the framework of sustainability and ethical business practices.
- Operation – Communicate with suppliers, the management in team meetings regarding project implementation and data entry.
- Create production calculations – Look for cost saving opportunities for both existing and new products.
- Develop partnerships with suppliers – The micro team travels regularly, in order to solve production issues and to provide suppliers with feedback and help with the implementation of the action plan.
- The art of dealing with people – empathy and great communication skills to coordinate your micro-team. This comes in handy when collaborating with suppliers and stakeholders in the IKEA supply chain.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. You are comfortable in presenting and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Passion for business and the end-goal – Both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, where you are to be strict but fair. A solution-oriented person, concentrating on problem solving the regular business issues.
- An interest in production and discovering the latest technologies in home furnishing.
- You know economics and finance – Understanding of company financials: cash flow, P&L, income statements and cost breakdowns.
- Analytical skills – working with numbers, negotiating prices, or setting priorities for your work, in a usually high paced and demanding environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wallau, Hesse, Germany
Application Deadline: N/A