- Respond to all Safety and Security needs promptly and perform First Aid or other emergency/security procedures as required to meet these needs.
- Conduct assigned Safety and Security investigations and follow-up on all incident reports in a timely manner.
- Regularly perform all operational and safety audits as required
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as, including supporting your teammates with their responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure that a safe and secure environment is always maintained in our unit and on our property for our customers and our co-workers.
- Open and close the store as scheduled following IKEA procedures.
- Follow and apply all appropriate IKEA safety and security procedures and ensure all other co-workers do, too.
- You are tech savvy and love having a flexible work schedule
- You are thorough, clear and timely when completing your investigations and reports.
- You handle sensitive and confidential investigations with extreme professionalism and integrity
- You are totally cool with working in a fast-paced (and sometimes stressful) environment
- You are as cool as a cucumber under pressure and can quickly and confidently react in a crisis.
- Your reliability and knowledge make you a “go-to” person for our co-workers who need education and support on Safety and Security issues.
- You have a basic knowledge of local/federal laws and court procedures
- You are detail focused, incredibly approachable, and have a strong sense of responsibility.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Application Deadline: N/A