Website Indian Health Service
This position will support the Federal Government’s response efforts to COVID-19. This position is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) located in the Phoenix Indian Medical Center. Incumbent independently provides direct medical care to make a diagnosis by utilizing critical thinking in the diagnostic process. Incumbent establishes health care and patient care priorities to meet the medical needs of the individual, family, and healthcare center.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections and injuries.
- Counsel patients about drug regimen and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications and herbal remedies.
- Analyze and interpret patient’s histories, symptoms, physical findings or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care and professional practice guidelines.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, dosage and frequencies.
- Makes decisions concerning medical care needs of patients, which may involve various treatment modalities, prescribed medications, consults and referrals.
- Order, perform or interpret the results of diagnostic tests.
- Education patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary period
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
Company: Indian Health Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A