Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America’s transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
- Responding to breaches of security and emergency situations.
- Implementing security screening procedures in accordance with TSA objectives and directives.
- Training team members, monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work, and representing the team in communications with the supervisor or manager for the purpose of obtaining resources (e.g., computer hardware and software, etc.).
- Assisting with investigations of incidents, and preparing incident reports or other documents that convey required information.
- Providing input to supervisors and managers concerning a variety of human resources matters including, but not limited to, employee performance, promotions, reassignments, awards, etc.
- You must be able to maintain a measured threshold for sight:
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- You must be able to repeatedly lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds;
- You must maintain a measured threshold for hearing: Average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000, & 3000 Hz in each ear. No greater than 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 Hz in each ear;
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- See additional “Conditions of Employment” and “Other Information” sections.
- Distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in worst eye. Near vision correctable to 20/40 or better Snellen binocular;
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening AND random drug/alcohol testing.
- You must be able to distinguish principle colors that will be a part of images displayed on automated screens: Color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray). Note: Color filters for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited;
- You must be able to maintain physical agility that would allow you to squat, bend, and lean to inspect individuals and baggage/cargo;
- You must be able to efficiently and thoroughly manipulate and lift baggage, containers, and other objects subject to security processing;
- You must be able to maintain the ability to walk up to two miles during a shift and stand for prolonged periods (e.g., 3-4 hours) of time;
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A