Website General Motors
As a Technical Product Owner, you will be responsible for definition, prioritization and release of features for embedded mapping software. You will guide development, demonstration, triage, test & release of realtime embedded software for high impact projects that deliver on GM’s future around autonomous and EV.
- Take ownership of each feature release including delivery to customers
- Contribute to high quality embedded software solutions as part of a larger team; leading and participating in future development
- Conduct design reviews for team projects
- Lead and participate in SW execution, applying strong SW development principles
- Prioritization of work for the embedded software agile team for mapping
- Utilize agile software development methodologies including continuous integration and continuous deployment through DevOps
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers, Architect and customers in establishing feature requirements
- Conduct software verification (unit testing, simulation, test automation, on hardware and in-vehicle as needed)
- Coordination and participation in all SAFe© agile ceremonies: backlog refinement, iteration planning, demos, retrospectives, daily standup, PO/PM synchronization, PI Planning, System demos and IP iteration.
Qualification & Experience:
- Development experience in another language (e.g. Python, C#)
- Experience providing technical guidance to team members
- 5+ years of automotive software development or similar
- Experience in object-oriented software development, algorithms, and data structures, design patterns
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, proven ability to collaborate effectively with team members locally and remotely, and with customers under pressure.
- 8+ years designing and developing production software
- 3+ years working in automotive production environment of SAFe© Agile Release Train or Agile Scrum
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code, within a CI/CD environment, over multiple model years
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to investigate issues based on limited information. Demonstrated high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A