Website General Motors
The Scrum Lead (SL) will be a leader and coach for an Agile Team on the Integrated Brake Apply & Controls Agile Release Train (ART).
- Guide the team on writing good stories and properly story pointing
- Engage Team to advance performance in quality, predictability, flow, and velocity through education and innovation.
- Create and maintain the Teams’ Kanban board to help the team complete their committed work
- Coordinate dependencies with other teams when deliverables are dependent on another team for completion
- Lead Team to improvements and take responsibility for their actions by conducting meaningful retrospectives, initiating action plans and coaching problem-solve techniques
- Facilitate the Agile Team’s SAFe events including daily standups, iteration review, iteration planning, and retrospective
- Identify and remove Team impediments through working with other teams within or outside their ART, engaging in Scrum of Scrum and Scrum Lead COP
- Identify Team level risks and ensure action plans are in place to manage the risks
- Work closely with the Product Owner to support backlog activities and focus the team on completing PI Objectives on-time with quality
- Prepares the team and assists the RTE with PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt Workshop
- Experience understanding functional, safety, compliance requirements and implementing appropriate test plans and setups.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, SAFe experience preferred
- Experience with developing test cases, automation methods, and write and execute comprehensive test plans to assess software products at different system levels, identify software anomalies, missed requirements and performance issues early in the development processes.
- Knowledge in Brakes, Chassis components, and general vehicle dynamics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proficient with Python or other similar scripting languages (R, C, C++, VBA or equivalent programming language)
- Experience reading and debugging source code in C/C++ language
- 3 years of embedded Controls and software development or testing experience
- Proficient in the creation of test cases and execution of test cased using various development tools on Vehicle, HIL, SIL platforms
- Experience with developing and Defining testing strategies (Different testing levels, manual and automation) to ensure first time quality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with structured software engineering in ANSI C
- Experience with software configuration management processes (e.g. Git Ecosystem)
- Automotive experience in areas such as: vehicle dynamics, brake diagnostics and/or vehicle thermal management
- Experience with VMEC software standards, test procedures, and build processes
- Hardware I/O level controller knowledge
- Experience with testing methods and techniques, Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with GM software test tools (e.g. CppUTest, Simulink Test/SIL)
- Experience with software peer reviews
- Experience in the development of real time embedded control systems
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification or experience working in an agile environment
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A