GEICO has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to perform legal secretarial and administrative duties for our Staff Counsel Office in Providence, RI. The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in civil litigation with a working knowledge of legal concepts and practices in Rhode Island. In this role, you will participate in the preparation of pleadings, routine motions, notices, jury demands, routine discovery, and correspondence of a non-dictated nature, within the GEICO Staff Counsel case management system, for attorney review and signature. You will also manage and monitor the status of court filings and suits via mail, in-person and e-filing. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining attorney calendars and reviewing invoices.
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency using MS Word
- Must type at least 40 WPM
- Based on jurisdiction, may need to obtain and maintain a notary license.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; college degree or currently pursuing preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing while delivering a high level of customer service to both internal and external partners
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize caseload
- Ideal candidates will have 3 years’ experience in civil litigation with experience in insurance defense in a staff counsel department or firm preferred
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Providence, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A