Website Frito Lay
Frito-Lay’s OTR Driver Apprenticeship is designed for current Class-A CDL holders with less then 1 year experience. The program includes a minimum of 10 weeks paid training, with the potential for additional weeks pending length and current service in a truck driving CDL program. Upon successful completion of the program, it is intended, based on availability at the completion of the training that the employee will transition into an OTR Driver position.
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points throughout the day or night.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers — this can be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, using four-wheeled carts or require the use of a two-wheeler.
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- You will also be lifting things over your head. You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage units, vendor and backhaul locations, and other traffic centers.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review invoices and/or manifests. You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or an onboard (dash) computer.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre- and post-trip truck inspections.
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to work on weekends and holidays
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- You are available for up to three nights away from home per week.
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A