Website Ford Motor Company
The Dealer Business Development Manager will serve as the primary sales contact and liaison between the dealership and Ford Credit. The Business Development Manager will effectively manage the relationship with Dealer Principals, dealership management, F&I’s and other dealership personnel.
- Provide in-dealership training to develop incremental retail, lease, wholesale and fee income product performance, in support of the Ford Credit Value Proposition. Utilize the appropriate sales tools and presentations to improve dealership F&I performance as well as satisfaction with the F&I process (Customer Viewpoint). Identify target dealers for increased Ford Protect program penetration.
- Conduct a monthly review of MAPS data, key performance metrics and NTU data with appropriate dealer personnel to review volume, share, portfolio performance, wholesale handling and financial condition.
- Conduct presentations (wholesale/loan acquisition, product/service/fee income, value proposition) as required leveraging the Sales Resource SharePoint Site and other resources to support the achievement of profit, volume and satisfaction goals.
- Working with dealership management teams, develop specific plans to leverage our marketing plans, programs and CRM initiatives for incremental sales opportunities; effectively utilize sales marketing funds budgets to support achievement of objectives with assigned dealers.
- Establish a direct interface with regional counterparts: District Sales Manager, Aftersales Business Manager, to pursue strategic vision and business plan for the region.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Manager (RM) to achieve budgeted metrics (profit, ROE, volume, share, etc.) through the development and execution of dealer level sales plans including the establishment of target dealers for maintaining and acquiring retail, lease, wholesale, dealer loan, commercial and fee based product business.
- Complete analysis of dealership operations and financial condition utilizing Financial Statements, Dealer Operations Performance Reports, Dealer Credit key performance metrics and proprietary reports to identify areas of opportunity to improve dealership processes.
- Maintain regular communication (as required) with the Processing Center originations team to ensure a consistent purchase policy that supports our value proposition is maintained; address any dealer or Processing Center concerns with the RM and Processing Center management in a timely manner.
- Problem solving
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team and on own initiative
- Able to work under tight deadlines, pressurized environments
- Strong presentation and computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Office 365
- Strong interpersonal, planning and analytical skills Self-starter with discipline
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Planning and Organising (plans, organises and prioritises work to ensure that goals, objectives and commitments are met)
- Customer orientated with good interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of Ford / Ford Credit global procedures, policies and standards
- Sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of working with figures
- Demonstrably excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact with senior management from time to time
- Academic qualification:B Comm or B-Tech degree in Marketing and Sales Minimum 4 years’ experience in the finance industry or motor industry
- Must have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A