Website California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Conduct onboard sampling of Commercial Passenger Fishing Vessels.
- Collects recreational fishery data and biological samples at public launch ramps, docks, piers, jetties and beach/banks sites using standardized survey protocols.
- Identifies finfish and invertebrates to species and collects fish lengths, weights and other biological data as needed.
- Performs data entry, reviews, edits and submits data to field supervisor in a timely manner.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Good communication skills
- Two years of college (60 semester units) with 10 semester units in biological or chemical sciences
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
Company: California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A