Website California Department of Fish and Wildlife
This series specification describes the work performed by six professional classes used throughout State service in a wide range of business service activities. Specialist positions within this series are nonsupervisory and typically perform the most complex professional business service work assigned to the specific level.
- This is the entry, developmental and first (Specialist) working level in the series. While in a trainee capacity, incumbents work under close supervision and learn to perform a variety of technical and analytical business service activities. As their skills and abilities develop, incumbents are expected to perform with increasing independence. Fully trained incumbents may, under supervision, independently perform technical business service work of a routine nature in a variety of functions; assist in the performance of more difficult and complex technical and analytical business service work; or be assigned responsibility for one or more of the least complex business service functions which are Equipment and Supplies Management, Support Services and Building Maintenance. (Analytical business service work performed at this level is described as that which would otherwise be appropriate for a Management Services Technician.)
- This is the first supervisory level in the series. Under general supervision, incumbents typically have full supervisory responsibility for approximately 3- 6 lower level staff in a business service office which may include general clericals, Materials and Stores Supervisors, Property Controllers, Mailing Machine Operators, and Stock Clerks.
- Typically, incumbents either (1) supervise all business service functions in the smallest business service offices and may personally perform the most difficult and complex technical and analytical business service work; or (2)
- in larger offices, supervise one or more business service functions of average difficulty or two or more functions of least complexity as assistant to a higher level Business Service Officer and assist with the performance of more difficult and complex business service work.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of experience in a technical capacity with responsibility for one or
- a combination of business service activities such as accountability and maintenance of office and industrial equipment, major building maintenance, managing of major commercial properties, or fiscal management and accountability of office and industrial property. [Experience in California state service applied toward this requirement must include one year performing the
- duties of a class comparable to Office Assistant (General), Range B.]
Company: California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A