Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day. Many come from legal/criminal investigation backgrounds, advising on law enforcement and intelligence operations, investigations and policies. Your expertise could apply to matters of national security, personnel, litigation and support, administrative, investigative, technology, contract law, information law, legal instruction, counterterrorism, counterintelligence, cyber matters and foreign intelligence.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or JD degree (preferably in a related legal field) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A