Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day. Many come from legal/criminal investigation backgrounds, advising on law enforcement and intelligence operations, investigations and policies. Your expertise could apply to matters of national security, personnel, litigation and support, administrative, investigative, technology, contract law, information law, legal instruction, counterterrorism, counterintelligence, cyber matters and foreign intelligence.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or JD degree (preferably in a related legal field) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A