Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
Under the direction of a Manager I, the Driver Safety Hearing Officer conducts administrative hearings involving complex and multiple issues including Physical and Mental, APS, Negligent Operator, Financial Responsibility, Fraud, and Special Certificates; writes legal reports detailing case issues, findings, and decisions; verifies evidence to make and submit findings of fact and conclusions to respondents, their representatives, and the records according to statute, case law, and DMV policies and procedures regarding driving privileges; renders immediate decisions based upon hearing proceedings; issues appropriate written orders and notices of decision to customers; analyzes and verifies accuracy of administrative, medical, and legal documents; provides information at Driver Safety functions; and maintains communication with law enforcement, medical professionals, courts, attorneys and others.
- Do NOT include ANY confidential information on any documents you submit for a job vacancy, such as your Examination/Employment
- Application (STD. 678), resume, or educational transcripts. Confidential information that should be excluded or removed from these documents includes, but is not limited to, your Social Security number (SSN), birthdate, student identification number, driver license number (unless required), photograph, basis of eligibility, examination results, Limited Examination and Appointment Program (LEAP) status, gender, marital status, ethnicity, and age. Confidential information on STD. 678s submitted electronically online, such as SSN, will automatically be redacted upon submission.
- Selected candidate will be required to participate in the DMV Pull Notice Program.
- Possession of the Minimum Qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If you are meeting the Minimum Qualifications with education, you must include your unofficial transcripts/diploma for verification. If it is determined that you do not meet the Minimum Qualifications, your name will be removed or withheld from the eligibility list, rendering your eligibility as inactive and ineligible to be hired for the position. Candidates whose names have been withheld from an eligibility list may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board.
- The position(s) require(s) a Background Investigation be cleared prior to being hired.
- Using the online application system as specified in this announcement is the preferred method of applying for civil service job opportunities; however, applicants may instead apply by way of U.S. mail, parcel delivery or courier service, or in person, as set forth in this announcement.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid California Drivers License (CDL). You must answer the questions addressing your CDL on your application. Ensure you provide your CDL number, class, expiration date, and any endorsements and/or restrictions.
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A