Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
This position is located at the Delano DMV Field Office. The Delano DMV Field Office is seeking a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, and who is dependable, well organized, and able to multi-task. The incumbent:
- accepts and verifies cash turn-ins;
- answers phone inquiries from headquarters units;
- provides technical support;
- is responsible for the integrity of control room security including monies, keys, accountable items, reports and logs;
- prepares and ships office work daily;
- explains errors and procedures;
- maintains records of accountable items;
- orders, assigns, destroys, and conducts physical inventory as needed;
- interprets and relays accounting procedures, automation updates and new keying procedures;
- answers questions;
- prepares monies and checks for deposit;
- maintains local files in the automated system;
- audits work for accuracy and collections of cashiers;
- Desirable qualifications: interpersonal skills; mathematical and cashiering skills; able to act and work independently; and knowledge of General Auditing Principles.
- All eligible applicants may apply. A training and development assignment will be considered. SROA/Surplus candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The position(s) being advertised may be subject to allocation approval by the Human Resources Branch. Fingerprint/Criminal Record Clearance is required before hire. The Salary Range shown is the minimum and maximum for a full-time appointment. Moving and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed for this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three years of experience in a governmental or private agency in public contact work requiring knowledge of the regulations of the State of California governing the registration and transfer of motor vehicle ownership which must include at least one year of related cashiering experience. Experience in the California state service applied toward this requirement must include at least two years performing the duties at a level of responsibility equivalent to that obtained in the class of Motor Vehicle Field Representative, Range C.
- Two years of experience in the California Department of Motor Vehicles performing the duties of either a Motor Vehicle Field Representative, six months of which must have been at the Range C level, or a Motor Vehicle Technician, six months of which must have been at the Range B level.
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A