Website U.S. Department of Commerce
The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) administers NOAA’s program to manage living marine resources for commercial and recreational use. The program provides services and products to support fisheries management operations; international fisheries affairs; fishery development, trade, and industry assistance activities; protected resources and habitat conservation operations; and the scientific and technical aspects of NOAA’s marine fisheries resource programs.
An opportunity is available to join the NOAA Restoration Center, a division of the Office of Habitat Conservation (OHC) within NMFS. The Restoration Center restores and promotes responsible stewardship of the nation’s coastal, marine, and migratory fish habitat. The Restoration Center focuses on four priority habitat restoration approaches, where we can have the biggest impact to fishery production, including opening rivers, reconnecting coastal wetlands, restoring shallow corals, and rebuilding shellfish populations.
- Coordinate with co-trustee agencies for natural resource damage cases in the Great Lakes to plan, develop, and oversee implementation of habitat restoration projects that are consistent with the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act and the Oil Pollution Act.
- Assess the impacts of habitat restoration actions, develop environmental compliance documentation, and ensure that all projects meet applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Provide oversight of contracts and Federal grants including developing project scopes of work, project budgets, schedules, and deliverables.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate feasibility studies, modeling reports and engineering plans and to conduct field investigations to support project development, evaluation and oversight of project construction.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
- If selected, required to complete OGE Form 450 financial disclosure.
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A