Website U.S. Department of Commerce
The U.S. Census Bureau is seeking a highly-motivated and capable executive to serve as the Assistant Director for Communications.
This position is a Senior Executive Service (SES) general position. Positions in the SES are not graded. SES pay is commensurate with qualifications. SES employees are eligible for bonuses and awards based on performance. Veteran’s preference is not applicable to SES.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the offices within the Communications Directorate.
- Serve as a senior spokesperson and rapid response lead for the Census Bureau and the census program, and will be responsible for the development of communication strategies designed to deliver effective messaging consistent with the priorities and objectives of the Census
- Bureau’s programs, as well as in response to crises and sensitive matters.
- Be responsible for the Census Bureau’s “brand management” efforts and for establishing and managing an integrated communications operation to detect, respond and measure social intelligence related to the Census Bureau and the decennial census based on historic and real-time response and communications data to proactively improve the perception of Census Bureau operations and its reputation.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of an effective and integrated communication strategy to support the Census Bureau’s programs, such as the American Community Survey, the decennial census, all demographic and socioeconomic surveys, and the economic census and census of governments.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Background investigation and/or security clearance is required.
- One year probationary period may be required.
- Incumbent may be subject to geographic mobility.
- Public Financial Disclosure (SF-278 filing within 30 days is required).
Company: U.S. Department of Commerce
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A