The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department’s contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
- Serves as an attorney independently representing the Government in complex, contract litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA.)
- Assists the Department of Justice in contract cases before the Federal Courts.
- Serves as lead counsel in a team of attorneys handling major cases.
- Negotiates alternative dispute resolution (ADR) agreements, selects impartial third parties, and conducts ADR proceedings.
- Supervises and leads a team of trial attorneys engaged in resolving difficult, complex and sensitive Government contract disputes.
- Applicants must possess the first professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.). (You MUST submit transcripts)
- Proof that you are licensed and a member in good standing with the bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. Proof is a “certificate of good standing” issued by your state of licensure within 6 months of the date of application or a screenshot of your bar status taken from your state of licensure website dated within 6 months. The successful applicant selected for employment must provide a “certificate of good standing” issued by their respective bar showing they are in good standing and in active status prior to appointment.
- You must possess professional legal experience in excess three years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Ability to provide accurate, timely, responsive and ethical legal advice and counsel that addresses the operative facts and applicable law and provides clear and workable guidance.
- Ability to provide effective support working cooperatively with senior level civilian and military clients using problem-solving skills to facilitate consensus solutions.
- Analytical/legal ability (including issue identification, legal research, analysis of options, risk analysis, creative problem-solving).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency as an advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client relationships, and the ability to interact well with senior officials on controversial and sensitive issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A