Website DC Government
This position of IT Specialist (Data Management) is located in the Division of Education & Workforce Innovation, Office of Labor Market Research Information located at the Department of Employment Services.
- Participates in the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of databases, and data management systems that meet current arid future business requirements of the organization and its customers.
- Maintains technical metadata for databases and data systems. Troubleshoots database problems.
- Monitors and optimizes database performance and tune database operations; and generates complex queries and reports.
- Recommends modifications to database design to maintain/improve network performance and ensures design is adequately documented.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of data management services.
- Analyzes and defines data requirements and specifications: and evaluates anticipated changes in data capacity requirements. Participates in the development and administration of data standards, policies and procedures.
- Investigates feasibility of alternative approaches with a view to determining the best, balanced solution, i.e., that will best satisfy the immediate needs, facilitate subsequent modification, and conserve machine time.
- Coordinates with District agencies, and developing upgrade plans for agency database requirements, acquisition, connections, equipment installations, maintenance, operations, and support issues: and ensures efficient maintenance, support, and troubleshooting. Participate in the design of data mining and data warehousing systems.
- Assists in defining and allocating storage capacity in the design of data management systems: and develop data dictionaries, data models, metadata repositories, and other data management tools.
- Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
- To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university in business administration, policy, project management, information systems, public administration or other relevant field preferred.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A