Website DC Government
The District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General seeks a Trial Attorney to join its Personnel and Labor Relations Section (PLRS).
- Trial Attorneys in PLRS represent District agencies in administrative matters before the Office of Employee Appeals, Office of Administrative Hearings, Office of Human Rights, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Metropolitan Police Department Adverse Action Panels, and Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department Fire Trial Boards. They also provide appellate representation of these matters before the Office of Employee Appeals Board, the Compensation Review Board/Department of Employment Services, various Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service arbitrators, the Public Employee Relations Board, and the District of Columbia Superior Court.
- Duties include all aspects of civil litigation, i.e., discovery, motions practice, brief writing, and evidentiary hearings.
- The incumbent serves under the direct supervision of the Chief of PLRS.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates must have significant and relevant legal or litigation experience.
- Experience with administrative hearings and employment law is ideal.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A