The Senior Director of External Affairs will develop, lead, and implement the communications strategy for external audiences to advance and protect DaVita’s corporate reputation. The ideal candidate is a passionate, results-driven, open-minded leader and team player who is energized by the opportunity to be a part of something special and bring to life our powerful story. The Senior Director should have a positive attitude with the ability to operate effectively and with discretion in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as an inspiring and effective team leader.
- Support senior management with the development of speeches and presentations.
- Deliver measurable results.
- Develop proactive communications strategy and programs designed to increase visibility and enhance public image with employees, patients, opinion leaders, the media, and other decision makers.
- Lead proactive and reactive communications strategies for external audiences to manage flow of news about DaVita and to enhance DaVita’s reputation through communications channels.
- Drive strategy and conversation with media at a local and national level. Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with media and other key groups.
- Collaborate fiercely with other departments to help craft and articulate stories that support our business objectives.
- Anticipate and plan reactive communication efforts related to brand impacting events such as clinic level crises, corporate compliance, lawsuits, settlements and investigations.
- Monitor industry news about DaVita and competitors and identify emerging issues and anticipate conversations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in meeting deadlines under pressure, working with peers and senior management.
- Proven record of fostering a highly collaborative environment while driving accountability. Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and credibility across the organization.
- Ability to manage issues – positive and negative – projects and campaigns with accountability for strategy, tactical execution and outcomes.
- Extensive experience in reputation management, with an emphasis in media relations, required.
- 12+ years of experience in increasingly responsible corporate communications leadership roles.
- Self-motivated and a passion for the importance of the work. Develop an understanding of DaVita’s business and contribute in a meaningful way to its strategic goals.
- Strong analytical skills, negotiation and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- High degree of professionalism and executive presence required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A