We are looking for a highly motivated, positive and innovative Clinical Research Manager to lead and develop a team that is on the cutting edge of Late Phase Renal research. DCR prides itself on a culture of growth, transparency and feedback and would want our leaders to do that same. We want a teammate who is compassionate, purposeful and motivated by meaningful work.
- Accountable for all research sites in the region to ensure proper resourcing of teammates, vendors, and supplies for study load to ensure successful execution of all clinical studies in the region.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop new relationships with area physicians interested in conducting clinical research studies.
- Develop research operations in region by adding additional dialysis units and/or physician clinics with current physician partners. Meet with practice manager to determine appropriate physician clinics for expansion of clinical studies. Meet with appropriate field teammates to determine feasibility to conduct research studies at new dialysis units.
- Collaborate with DCR departments to create new processes, resolve challenges, and strategize future planning.
- Demonstrates compliance with good clinical practice (GCP) and applicable law, and verifies that study teams comply with GCP, applicable law, study protocols, DCR policies and procedures, and with the standards customary in the clinical research industry.
- Serves as a liaison between the physicians (Principal Investigator or Sub-Investigator), study sponsors and DaVita facility teammates. Conducts site selection visits with sponsors for placement of clinical studies..
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to travel 25%-50% of the time depending on business needs (Nights and weekends – with 10% overnight travel and minimal weekend work may be required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- BS/BA is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
- Minimum 4 years of clinical research experience or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching and developing a team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A