Responsible for assisting with local regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Oversees franchise-required construction installation of complimentary cable services to public buildings, including the negotiation of any additional terms and conditions with Local Franchise Authorizes (FLA).
- Manages service complaints associated with complimentary services.
- Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the company.
- Ensures compliance with franchise terms and works to resolve compliance issues when they arise.
- Manages franchise renewal and transfer efforts for assigned franchises consistent with the strategies and policies for the market area. Prepares franchise renewal applications and supporting data for renewal negotiations. Assists in preparation of renewal strategy and participates in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities and/or their consultants.
- Manages relationships with utility companies to ensure new projects are delivered on time.
- Manages reporting obligations to local franchise authorities.
- Drafts, analyzes and/or presents legislation, amendments and testimony as necessary.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates meanings of the terms and conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements and other contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Supports the government relations and public policy strategy as developed for the market.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A