In the Personalization and Content Discovery team, we work on cutting-edge research in AI and machine learning to re-invent the customer experience. Using the large amount of data available to us, we build machine learning models that can help our customers find the content they love. Our team is responsible for building machine learning models for recommendation, personalization, ranking, search, and information retrieval. We also work on the intersection of these areas to build a unique experience for our customers. As a key member of our team, you will be using your expertise in Machine Learning, NLP, or Information Retrieval to tackle exciting problems such as: addressing fairness and bias in recommendation systems, using reinforcement learning to optimize long-term engagement metrics, using transformer models in recommendation systems, building multimodal models, developing learning to rank algorithms, etc.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained and deploys validated machine learning models into production.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Takes action on existing specifications of designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning and data monitoring.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong coding and software development skills.
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong background in machine learning.
- Experience with recommendation systems is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with at least one of the Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A