The DevOps Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Lead projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance evaluations and ensures work performance is adhering to company standards.
- Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure projects.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Leads all aspects of the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements and modifications.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
Experience with web development technologies and paradigms is strongly preferred. (HTTP, REST, Angular, Java Spring, CloudFoundry, logging and monitoring paradigms, microservices, MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS S3 and other cloud-native services, OAuth, SAML, LDAP, Azure AD, CI/CD tooling – Jenkins|Concourse|GoCD, WordPress, shell scripting, enterprise software integration, and more.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Englewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A