Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with C#, the .NET ecosystem, and RDBMS platforms (such as Microsoft SQL Server) is a plus
- Experience with designing, implementing, and shipping rich front-end applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A