Website City of Santa Ana
With general supervision, provides expert collection, preservation, scientific analysis, and documentation of fingerprint evidence in criminal matters; conducts examinations of physical evidence for latent fingerprints in the laboratory; provides training to others in technical skills; and performs other duties as required within the scope of the classification.
- Performs fingerprint comparisons and identifications; identifies, develops, evaluates, lifts, preserves and compares fingerprints using developing powders, chemicals, dyes, lasers, photography, Photoshop digital enhancement, and other physical techniques.
- Studies and applies new techniques and procedures in the field of fingerprints; Consults and coordinates with other law enforcement agencies; provides technical training in the field of forensic fingerprint examinations and procedures; consults with staff, detectives, police officers, deputy district attorneys and other law enforcement officials regarding procedures and analyses.
- Prepares, enters and compares fingerprints using the California Automated Fingerprint Identification System; prepares findings for court presentation; prepares court exhibits; testifies in court as an expert witness concerning the scientific facts as established in the analysis of fingerprint evidence. Maintains fingerprint records and files.
- The preceding duties have been provided as examples of the essential types of work performed by positions within this job classification. The City, at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
- principles, methods, procedures, materials and techniques of fingerprint identification; California Automated Fingerprint Identification System; latent fingerprint development, collection and preservation techniques; photography techniques.
Company: City of Santa Ana
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A