Website City of Santa Ana
Under general supervision, inspects building construction, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical installations; performs plan check, inspection and testing of new and existing commercial, industrial and residential structures in all phases of construction, alteration and repair, to ensure compliance with provisions of current local, state, and federal building and housing codes.
- Makes judgments as to the acceptability of construction work.
- Provides professional advice and technical assistance to developers, architects, contractors, engineers, homeowners, city staff and the general public; refers to other agencies for assistance and/or information.
- Responds to citizen complaints; issues citations and prepares criminal complaint files.
- Mediates disputes between inspectors and customers. Utilizes current technology in the normal course and scope of daily duties, including but not limited to permitting and inspections software; field hardware such as hand-held computer devices; communications software and devices; and information systems that integrate, store, edit, analyze, share and displays geographic information.
- Utilizes current standard office software applications to prepare reports, spreadsheets and correspondence. Prepares correction notices, comprehensive reports, public handouts and other related documents.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate records as required. Operates vehicles during the course and scope of their duties.
- Promotes and provides excellent customer service. May appear in administrative hearings and in court as an expert witness.
- Three years of experience as a journey-level, lead person or superintendent in building construction work; or two years of building inspection experience for a public agency; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
Company: City of Santa Ana
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A