Website City of San José
Under direction of a Crime Prevention Supervisor, the CPS will act as a liaison between the police department and the communities, readily available to answer questions, provide information and give referrals to the general public regarding matters related to crime prevention topics. The Crime Prevention programs and services are designed to provide the tools the community needs to participate in crime prevention efforts in their neighborhood.
- Act as a liaison for SJPD with the community, providing a consistent and personal point of contact;
- Provide a resource for the general public, city staff and SJPD members regarding crime prevention and quality of life issues;
- Provide crime prevention presentations, training and awareness programming;
- Interact with social media and must possess knowledge of public relations;
- Meet with community members and identify social conditions that result to neighborhood disputes, grievances and other related social problems and take the appropriate action;
- Identify social conditions responsible for generating neighborhood disputes and take appropriate action;
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans relative to the prevention of various crimes to include: burglary (residential and commercial), robbery, shoplifting, internal theft, fraud, credit card and check abuse, identity theft and sex-related crimes and personal protection;
- Participate with business and community members in designing crime prevention programs to meet specific needs to include recommending specific prevention apparatus, such as locking devices, alarm systems and lighting systems;
- Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of crime prevention;
- Must have knowledge of the availability of social services aid from local, State and Federal agencies as they pertain to housing, medical aid and counseling services;
- Completion of two years of course work at an accredited college or university, including courses in the social sciences.
- One year of experience in work concerned with the improvement of inter-group relations, delinquency prevention, community welfare, social development, community relations, or developing lesson plans and classroom teaching.
Company: City of San José
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A