Website City of San Diego
Assistant Engineer – Civil positions perform journey-level professional engineering work and may serve as design engineer with responsibility for all phases of a design project; perform complex construction inspection; check building and subdivision plans; perform planning engineering; storm water quality inspection, serve as project manager for engineering projects of average complexity; may supervise paraprofessional staff; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Registration as a Professional Civil, Structural, or Traffic Engineer with a state licensing board.
- LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License may be required at the time of hire.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate issued from a state licensing board.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related engineering field.
- City of San Diego employees using Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA) experience to qualify must submit written documentation signed by their appointing authority or payroll specialist, detailing the work performed, dates, and total number of qualifying OCA hours. OCA experience without the required documentation will NOT be considered.
- A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for a MAXIMUM of one year of the required experience.
Company: City of San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A