Website City of Laredo
Performs public health nursing services in disease control, primary care, testing, treatment, and patient care. Manages COVID-19 immunization efforts and personnel. Forms part of the immunization primary care and COVID management team and assures patient care, triage, screening, and vaccinations. Direct observed therapy is conducted to ensure there are no adverse reactions and any preventive education is provided. Will support all nursing services, including but not limited to: disease control, epidemiology, maternal and child health, and family preventive care. Conducts disease investigations, communicable disease management, and provides preventive care. May assess patient needs, provides ongoing nursing support, and medical care attention as needed. Provides clinical education/counseling based on patient need and program requirements. Complies with the City of Laredo customer service initiatives. Assures all epidemiology, preventive, and disease control is done for program management.
- Manages staff, program, and activities for the COVID-19 vaccination program(s).
- Follows nursing guidelines and standard of care in infectious disease control in particular for immunization, prevention, and epidemiology.
- Follows strict infection control and respiratory universal precautions.
- Provides disease control investigations and takes appropriate action to reduce public health threats.
- Provides health care services and assessment in primary care, infection control, immunizations, and chronic disease services.
- Documents complete and accurate information in medical records; counsels patients on health care or disease control; ensures patients receive accurate information.
- Provides instructions on patient care, prevention, and immunizations.
- Screens patients and assures all patient records are complete.
- Conducts surveillance activities and adheres to disease control reporting procedures.
- Completes documentation of services in patient records in accordance with nursing standards, funding source requirements, etc.
- Carefully and accordingly ensures patient medical records are maintained and fully complete with all rules and regulations pertaining to public health and medical laws.
- Assists the medical team in the process of assessing and tracking patients in primary care, public health emergency preparedness, immunizations, etc.
- Prepares appropriate public health and medical forms for each patient.
- Assists with outreach and health education and supervises staff for direct observed therapy.
Work is performed inside and/or outside an office. Work may be exposed to a variety of weather conditions and outdoor elements, such as excessive heat. Work may be exposed to a variety of environmental conditions, such as: contagious infectious disease, irritating chemicals, dry atmosphere, and constant noise. Capable of working closely with others or alone, working long or irregular working hours, working shift work and/or weekends, working with protective devices, and traveling by car 20% of the time. Ability to operate office equipment; Work requires light carrying and lifting (under 24 pounds), straight pulling, pulling hand over hand, simple grasping, dual simultaneous grasping, repeated bending, sitting, standing, twisting, stooping, climbing stairs, walking, and reaching above shoulders. Ability to see, write, read, count, identify shade of colors, perceive depth, and hearing is needed to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Knowledge of basic nursing clinical care in a primary care setting.
- Knowledge of disease and infectious disease control.
- Knowledge of immunization methods.
- Knowledge of professional nursing techniques and basic sciences.
- Knowledge of disease interviewing principles, techniques, and disease control and prevention.
- Knowledge of principles of public health nursing, maternal child health, women’s health, epidemiology, disease control and prevention, goals, and general methods of practice used by public health professionals.
- Knowledge of techniques in public health promotion and teaching.
- Ability to apply principles and techniques of public health nursing, epidemiology, disease control and prevention, immunization, treatment, and care.
- Ability to work productively with individuals, professionals, and other groups in the community.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; and write reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals as needed.
- Ability to seek and utilize supervisory and consultative services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups both orally and in writing; to plan and execute work; and to exercise good judgment in public health care delivery.
- Ability to speak before public groups and make presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain good planning and organizational skills.
Company: City of Laredo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Laredo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A