Website City of Austin
An opportunity is available for highly seasoned and accomplished professional to assist in leading the activities of the Property Management Department. The Assistant Director for Real Property of Property Management will be responsible for planning, directing and managing activities and operations of the Real Property Division of the Property Management Department.
- Manage the timely delivery of land rights required to support City infrastructure projects; and participate in public-private ventures through the acquisition of private property land rights.
- Manage more than 630 natural gas well leases along with all requirements, revenues, and audits associated with these assets.
- Manage complex leases, purchase and sale contracts, renewals, permits, licenses, and various property interest transfer documents or other rights of use.
- Manage and oversee the inventory of all City-owned property held in trust following tax foreclosure, including property upkeep, sealed bid sales and lease activities.
- Manage the facilitation of the acquisition, abandonment and, disposition of real property interest for the City of Fort Worth.
- Ability to quickly and expertly negotiate very complex legal and financial details that relate to complicated and entangled land rights activities and maneuvers.
- Directs the activities of the division, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Strong, innovative leadership and management skills.
- Change agent for improving planning and development services by implementing an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A management philosophy that is strongly customer-service oriented both internal and external.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of employees through the use of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to creatively negotiate and implement streamlined processes and project management through partnership with stakeholder groups.
- Possess an organizational and political awareness of sensitive projects, programs, and services that can involve competing interests and priorities.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with principles and practices of planning, program management, process improvement, and development services.
- Proven track record for business process re-engineering – achieving efficiencies and innovation while improving the delivery and quality of service.
Company: City of Austin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A