Website City of Dallas
Plans, manages, and develops a specific program to ensure that comprehensive health or social services are available, accessible, affordable and effective for all clients and their families according to city, state and federal guidelines.
- Manages, plans and monitors the treatment functions responsible for providing direct counseling and case management services to clients.
- Makes budget recommendations and monitors and controls program budget to ensure that expenditures remain within allotted amount.
- Develops program strategies, policies and procedures to provide and promote effective treatment methods, which conform to all legal requirements.
- Monitors program performance and reports progress of performance indicators to manager to effectively assess the program’s effectiveness.
- Manages the daily operation of program to ensure that the program is operating in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Develops and maintains program policies and procedures to meet city, state, and federal guidelines.
- Manages program staff by hiring personnel, assigning and monitoring work, and ensuring that staff is properly trained to ensure that program operates efficiently.
- Conducts group skills training for clients and their families to teach coping and other life skills to enable clients and families to effectively manage problems.
- Maintains effective relationships with other social service agencies, volunteer groups, and various boards and committees to stay abreast of social services offered, recruit volunteers, solicit donations, or gain needed information.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or sociology field.
- Three (3) year of experience in involving individual, family, or group counseling; social service program development, implementation, and evaluation/or group life skills training.
- High school diploma/GED plus seven (7) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- An associate’s degree in any field plus five (5) years of the required will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a non-specified field plus five (5) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A master’s degree (or higher) in a specified field plus one (1) year of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
Company: City of Dallas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A