Website City of Anaheim
Anaheim Public Utilities is the only municipal electric utility in the county. Our system delivers essential electricity to the 345,000 residents and 15,000+ businesses that call Anaheim home – including multi-million dollar tourism, sports, and manufacturing customers. Anaheim’s electric system has grown to support a customer base that uses 2.6 billion kilowatt-hours a year, with more than 593,000 kW annual peak demand. In addition, the municipal water utility provides reliable, high quality water at competitive rates, while ensuring an adequate supply of water is always available to our customers.
- Use of the SCADA systems and Outage Management systems to monitor and adjust system equipment to meet varying demands.
- Use a personal computer for a variety of tasks, including writing and modifying electric switching programs, completing forms, writing and sending documents, writing and sending e-mail, and use of other computer programs as required.
- Maintain system logs, document control room and electric crew activities.
- Perform switching of high voltage lines and other equipment following proper procedures to assure control, safety and system reliability.
- Respond to alarms on the SCADA system and take corrective actions.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Call out emergency crews when required, initiate dispatch orders to control and record repairs and issue clearances to crews to make repairs.
- Coordinate, direct and control a variety of personnel in the activities necessary to maintain service.
- Respond to customer trouble calls.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of substation equipment operations, electrical distribution and transmission theory and practice, basic electrical math, SCADA systems and Outage Management systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to use computer and selected software; properly perform switching of high voltage lines; establish and maintain interpersonal relations and communication; think clearly and logically; act decisively and properly in emergency situations; effectively solve emerging problems; maintain a variety of logs and reports; and follow appropriate safety procedures.
- Candidates must have journey level skill in electrical utility and distribution work.
Company: City of Anaheim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A