Under general direction from the Director of the Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division, the Education Administrator I manages the Instructional Resources Unit. Responsibilities include providing leadership, managerial direction, and supervision of professional education, management, analytical, and support staff for the educational program responsibilities assigned to the unit. The Education Administrator I will have primary responsibility
- Direct the formulation, development, administration, and evaluation of strategies to carry out policies, programs, and priorities of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education (SBE).
- Collaborate with the administrator of the Curriculum Frameworks Unit to assist in directing the development of subject area curriculum frameworks.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation for the SBE instructional materials adoption process, including the development of schedules, reviewer training materials, and documents to support the development of high-quality, standards-aligned instructional resources, and the out-of-cycle social content review process.
- Provide leadership to connect and align the work of IRU to that of other divisions within the department.
- Provide leadership, managerial direction, and supervision of professional education, management, analytical, and support staff for the educational program responsibilities assigned to the unit.
- The ability and experience to consult with LEA administrators, program directors, and teachers to further support classroom- and non-classroom-based instruction.
- Programmatic knowledge of instructional resources and instructional pedagogy to support high-quality first instruction and interventions.
- The ability to hold staff accountable while building a collaborative culture and communicate with clarity and transparency.
- Excellent writing skills along with the ability to create and present engaging presentations.
Company: California Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A