Website U.S. Customs and Border Protection
The purpose of this announcement is to solicit applications for the Supervisory Aviation Enforcement Agent (SAEA) (formerly known as the Supervisory Air Interdiction Officer – SAIO) Competency-Based Assessments for Promotion and to provide applicants the method for completing the required SAEA (formerly the SAIO) Career Experience Inventory (CEI) element of the assessments. Completion of the assessments (including the CEI) is required before you can apply for promotion to an SAEA position covered by this assessment process. Beginning this Fall 2021, the time allotted to complete the multiple-choice assessments is being increased for each assessment. Due to this significant change in the administration of the assessments, the usual requirement to wait 12 months for retesting is being waived so that all candidates have the same opportunity to complete the assessments under the increased time limits. Therefore, all candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements to participate in the SAEA, SAIA, or SMIA promotions testing systems will be permitted to take the multiple-choice assessments regardless of when they last took the assessments. After this fall testing opportunity, the extended time limits will continue to be in place for all testing cycles, and the 12-month retest requirement will be reinstituted. The change from Supervisory Air Interdiction Officer (SAIO) to Supervisory Aviation Enforcement Agent (SAEA) was in name only. The SAIO assessments are now called the SAEA assessments. If you have prior SAIO scores, they are now SAEA scores and will used for filling SAEA vacancies should you decide not to retake the assessments.
- Currently serving or previously served in a position at the GS-12 grade level or above. NOTE: You are eligible to participate in this testing open period if you will obtain your GS-12 by the start of testing which is October 1, 2021.
- Currently a Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine Operations (AMO) law enforcement officer/agent.
- NOTE: Eligibility to take the assessments and eligibility to apply for specific vacancies (announcements that will be posted in the future) are not the same. Therefore, eligibility to take the Supervisory CBP Aviation Enforcement Agent Assessment does not guarantee eligibility to compete for specific vacancies. For example, you may have recently been promoted to the GS-13 level and may register and take the assessment.
- However, you must meet time-in-grade eligibility requirements (one year at the GS-13 level) at the time you apply for a specific vacancy.
- Eligibility requirements for specific vacancies will appear on the vacancy announcements as they are posted.
- There are no positive education requirements for this position.
- In order to take the assessments you must meet the criteria as defined under “Qualifications and Evaluations” section.
Company: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A