Website City of Austin
This position will perform lead duties for day to day activities in assigned clinic. This position will act as a liaison between the clinic and program manager including notification on staffing, supply and equipment needs, incident/accident reporting and resolving on site customer service issues. This position will assist management with internal process and change implementation.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Administer lead responsibilities for day to day activities for WIC clinic
- Liaison between clinic and Program Supervisor including notification of clinic staffing, supply and equipment needs, report incidents/accidents, and address and resolve immediate customer complaints.
- Assist Management with ensuring implementation of internal standardized process changes.
- Assess income and nutritional needs to determine eligibility for WIC Program according to Federal, State, and local policies and procedures.
- Deliver group and individual nutrition and breastfeeding education according to agency approved Nutrition Education Plan.
- Perform participant income and health screenings which includes obtaining ID, residency, and health history measuring height, weight and length of WIC client and plotting on growth grid, calculating income and BMI , performing
finger stick and determining conditions of nutritional need.
- Prescribe supplemental food package, assess need for breastfeeding pumps and supplies, and issues in accordance with Federal, State and Local policies and procedures.
- Screen immunization record to obtain immunization status.
- Refer participants to appropriate community, health and human service resources as needed.
- Issue and maintain inventory of returned formula, breast pumps and supplies, and educational material according
- Participate in assigned health fairs, community events and projects and makes presentations to groups as assigned.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of lead techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, City, and local policies and regulations that pertain to WIC services.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of nutrition, breastfeeding physiology, anatomy, and counseling and training techniques.
- Knowledge of public health programs, social services and client needs.
- Skill in providing nutrition and breastfeeding education and excellent customer service and support.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks, organizing and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas, effectively, clearly and concisely with others.
Company: City of Austin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A