Website US Army Corps of Engineers
About the Position: This position is located at the Dalecarlia Water Treatment Plant, Washington, DC and under the supervision of the Washington Aqueduct. The Aqueduct is a large scale, vital public utility, wholly financed through the sale of potable water. The job provides the opportunity to work at one of the largest water utilities in the nation, serving the public and producing a product which impacts the lives of all metropolitan area citizens and businesses on a daily basis.
- Unload bulk chemical deliveries and feed into storage tanks in a safe manner.
- Analyze operational data to ensure the proper quality and quantity of potable water.
- Collect water samples for analysis.
- Control water treatment processes to ensure proper operation.
- Maintain water treatment equipment to ensure proper meter readings.
- Analyze water quality and test results to keep operations within established limits.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A