Website US Army Corps of Engineers
About the Position: Employee works with the Official Printing & Publications Branch, USACE, Office of the CIO/G-6. The work involves the performance of Publications Specialist duties related to the development and amending of new and existing agency publications.
- Conducts a review of format, references, distribution, applicability to audiences, consistency, and overall publishing rules of USACE publications to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Creates, manages, and maintains templates for creating and review of publications.
- Analyzes and interprets USACE publication policies and guidance to ensure compliance within the program and in publications.
- Conducts a format review of HQUSACE publications to ensure they comply with the policies and procedures outlined in the pertinent regulations.
- Tracks changes and returns the publication to the proponent for acceptance or rejection of the changes, and submittal of an updated publication.
- Interprets and provides the requirements of the regulations to proponent action officers tasked to prepare publications.
- Creates and maintains an electronic file unique to each publication developed or revised that contains all data elements pertinent to the publication?s development.
- Communicates any related changes in policy or procedure to the customers.
- Meets one on one with customers and policy makers and proponents to provide assistance and training on formatting, design, and layout of USACE publications in order to enhance the publishing program and its products.
- Collaborates with writers, editors, graphic artists, printers, and proponent administrative staff from requesting activities to finalize a variety of publications.
- Disposes of the publication and files in accordance with policy.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A