Website US Army Corps of Engineers
Works as a shift head lock and dam operation at a Corps of Engineers navigation facility within the Inland Marine Transportation System (IMTS).
- Utilize power tools or appliances such as hammers, wrenches, saws, drills, pliers, paint brushes, mowers, shovels, rakes, screwdrivers, welding equipment, etc. to accomplish tasks.
- Assure proper fit and use of required safety equipment and clothing (e.g., safety gloves, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, or respirators.
- Monitor river gauge readings and ensure that equipment indicator levels are recorded by lower-graded personnel.
- Perform installation, repair, and maintenance of lock and dam machinery, and equipment.
- Operate electrically/hydraulically controlled lock and dam gates and control valves.
- Utilize lock and dam emergency operations and notification procedures, when necessary, for emergencies, employee absence, or other appropriate situations.
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Dexterity and Safety
- Operation of Job Family Specify Equipment, Machinery, etc.
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A